Easy Cryo Subzero Aesthetic Benefit
Use of Subzero Gaseous Cryotherapy for Aesthetic Benefits
Young and good-looking skin is the primary goal of various aesthetics products and procedures that are common nowadays. People are storming towards such treatments to prevent age-related skin changes and achieve smooth and tight skin and reduce subcutaneous fat that makes them look young and beautiful. While different injections and invasive procedures (such as fillers) are available, a relatively new and efficient therapy has become popular because of its outstanding aesthetic benefits. Hyperbaric gaseous cryotherapy is a safe and non-invasive procedure utilizing high pressurized (under 50 bar pressure) carbonic gas. The result is a rapid drop in tissue temperature at the treatment area. Because of its aesthetic benefits, gaseous cryotherapy is now used for body contouring (cool-sculpting) and loss of subcutaneous fat for a toned and younger skin (cryo-lipolysis)
Cryotherapy for wrinkle-free skin:Hyperbaric gaseous cryotherapy utilizes high pressurized gas resulting in the reduced tissue temperature to 4-1-degree Celsius in about 30 sec. This cold decreases nerve conduction velocity (1) and stabilize the membranes of facial nerve branches, which supply various facial muscles—resulting in the relaxation of these muscles, therefore helping to achieve wrinkle-free skin without neurotoxins. Thus, regular cryotherapy sessions can help achieve smooth and beautiful skin.
Removal of Dark circles and reduction in pore size:Cryotherapy directly affects collagen,which is the principal component of the extracellular matrix in the dermis. Gaseous cryotherapy regulates collagen production that revives the skin by giving it its elastic tendencies and helps achieve younger and smoother skin by reducing pore size. As a result, Cryotherapy promotes tightening of the skin around loose pores and causes a reduction in pore sizes. In addition, it causes desquamation of the rugged superficial skin cells while promoting the growth of new cells. Thus, achieving fresher and younger-looking skin. Moreover,cold-induced through this therapy causes reflex vasodilation that enhances blood flow and nutrients to the skin, removing dark circles.
Cryotherapy prevents skin aging:Oxidative stress induced by the reactive oxygen species ROS produced in the body constantly damages skin and causes skin aging characterized by wrinkling and hardening of the skin due to loss of elastic fibers. The ROS produced due to photo-induced inflammation (UV rays) cause peroxidation of lipids in the membranes of skin cells and damage various layers of the epidermis(2). Damage to the epidermis and the deep connective tissue destroys elastic fibers and reduced skin elasticity. These changes are age-related as there isa gradual loss of antioxidants mechanisms that counteract these oxidative species with advancing age. Cryotherapy helps prevent these skin changes and aging by improving the delivery of antioxidants to the skin. Gaseous cryotherapy stimulates the body’s immune response, boosting antioxidant production, and cold-induced vasoconstriction causes reflex vasodilation, improving blood flow to the site. The reaction enhances the delivery of nutrients and antioxidants, improving skin quality and removing the effects of aging(2). Because cryotherapy boosts the production and delivery of antioxidants to the skin, it reverses the skin damage caused by the sun, much like the sunblock creams used for protecting the skin against the sun. Body contouring and fat reduction:Body contouring and weight loss have been the primary goals of all the aesthetic procedures introduced in the market. Various techniques are used to achieve weight loss, the primary being controlling diet and exercise. But due to individual variation in body physiologies, weight loss through diet and exercise is not achieved in all people. Cryotherapy is an effective way of attaining fat reduction. It is a non-invasive and convenient way of weight loss compared to liposuction and other similar techniques that involve invasive procedures. Gaseous cryotherapy helps achieve weight loss through a process called cryolipolysis (3). Cryolipolysismeans the destruction of fat cells through cold, becoming popular after a case of “popsicle panniculitis.” This case involved the fat reduction in the check of an 2infant following the ingestion of a popsicle. Gaseous cryotherapy aims at the application of a cold temperature to areas of high adiposetissues. The rapid drop in temperature is highly damaging to subcutaneous fat(4). The cold destroys the fatty tissues while sparing other cells and tissues due to the increased susceptibility of adipose cells to cold-induced damage. The destruction of adipose cells initiates an inflammatory response. This response stimulates leukocytes, such as neutrophils and other phagocytes, clearing cellular debris. The overall efficacy of gaseous cryotherapy for lipolysis and weight loss is reasonable. Regular sessions of the therapy can help reduce abdominal fat. Additional treatment areas are flanks, inner thighs, hip, and sub-buttock regions(4). Gaseous cryotherapy remains safe. A non-surgical and convenient method of fat reduction and weight loss is currently available.
Cryotherapy Reduces Scar formation after wounds and injuries: One common complication of many injuries and wounds is a permanent skin scar that disrupts beauty and compromises aesthetics. Even most of the surgical procedures now used employ minimal incisions and invasions because of cosmetic concerns. Cryotherapy can play an essential role in promoting wound healing with minimal scarring post-injury. A rapid drop in temperature causes vasoconstriction followed by reflex vasodilation(5). Dilation of cutaneous vessels improves blood flow to the injured site that supplies nutrients for healing and repair. Early healing and regeneration can prevent the deposition of fibers (fibrosis) and scarring. In addition, Cryotherapy enhances immune responses, which activate tissue macrophages and other phagocytes—resultingThus, in the removal of destroyed cells, the clearing of cellular debris while promoting tissue repair and healing.
Clinical Data in support of aesthetic benefits of cryotherapy:
- Cryotherapy cools the skin more effectively and rapidly than traditional ice pack treatments. The effect was observed by:1-using ice pack 2-applying highly pressurized (below 50 barpressure) CO2 at low temperature (-78 degree Celsius). The application of cryotherapy achieved a rapid reduction of skin temperature on the dorsal side of the hand and the palmer aspect of the contralateral hand (6).
- Cryotherapy has shown to improve systemic microcirculation, enhancingthe oxygenation of the skin and promotinghealthier skin (6).
- Algafly AA, George KP. The effect of cryotherapy on nerve conduction velocity, pain threshold,Thus, the and pain tolerance. Br J Sports Med. 2007 Jun;41(6):365–9; discussion 369.
- Masaki H. Role of antioxidants in the skin: anti-aging effects. J Dermatol Sci. 2010 May;58(2):85–90.
- Ingargiola MJ, Motakef S, Chung MT, Vasconez HC, Sasaki GH. Cryolipolysis for fat reduction and body contouring: safety and efficacy of current treatment paradigms. Plast Reconstr Surg [Internet]. 2015 Jun;135(6):1581–90. Available from: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/260175944.
- Zelickson BD, Burns AJ, Kilmer SL. Cryolipolysis for safe and effectiveinner thigh fat reduction. Lasers Surg Med. 2015 Feb;47(2):120–7.
- Mourot L, Cluzeau C, Regnard J. Hyperbaric Gaseous Cryotherapy: Effects on Skin Temperature and Systemic Vasoconstriction. Arch Phys Med Rehabil [Internet]. 2007 Oct 1;88(10):1339–43. Available from: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apmr.2007.06.771
- Cryotherapy for aesthetic purposes[Internet]Available at:www.Americacryo.com
CO2 Gas Instructions:
You will need a local provider for your gas ( CO2 ); the two most available companies around the US are Airgas and Praxair.
To find a Praxair distributor near you https://www.praxairusa.com/stores
To find an Airgas distributor near you https://locations.airgas.com
Choose the type of tank that will meet your needs and you are comfortable working with. The most common sizes are 5Lb., 20Lb., and 50Lb. I recommend renting the tanks initially, so you can determine what size is the best for your practice. Rental fees are somewhere between $0.3 to $0.5 per day, depending on your state.
- -5 Lb. Ideal for use “on the go” or treat a small area
- -50 Lb. Ideal for use at the same facility and will treat multiple patients per day.
- -20 Lb. Ideal for any situation in between
IMPORTANT: You must order a Co2 tank WITH A SIPHON (because we are using the liquid part located at the bottom of the tank, without a siphon, the device will only have access to the gas part and will not be cold enough). Please note that the 5Lb. tank does not exist with a siphon; we have a carrying case for purchase that holds the tank upside down, in order to remedy this issue.
Most gas providers offer delivery (daily/weekly frequency depends on your area); if you choose the 50Lb. tank, I recommend the delivery option. The delivery is a flat fee, so it is a good idea to order multiple tanks at a time. If you have any questions or concerns that have not been addressed here, please feel free to reach out to us.
Subzero Cryotherapy Device FAQs and Troubleshooting - DRAFT
1. My device is no longer producing cold gas, what do I do?
- a. This is most likely because your CO2 tank is empty. The device does not have any cooling effects without CO2. Please refill your CO2 tank.
2. I hear a slight rattle when the device is not in use, is something wrong?
- a. No, your device is perfectly fine. When the valve is not engaged (not in use), it can make a slight rattling noise when shaken. This is normal.
3. Gas is shooting out the sides of the device near the nozzle, is something wrong?
- a. No, everything is fine. This happens when the nozzle is not screwed on tight enough, or if the nozzle is cross-threaded. Please remove the nozzle and reapply. You should tighten it firmly with your hands, but please don’t use tools to tighten as it can damage the nozzles.
4. I can’t get the nozzle or massage attachment off my device after use, what should I do?
- a. Please try waiting 15-30 minutes after using your device to allow it to return to room temperature. During longer treatments, the prolonged exposure to cold temperatures can sometimes cause the components to contract, making them harder to remove. This should correct itself once the device returns to room temperature.
5. I am unable to connect my device to the Quick Connector on my CO2 tank, what do I do?
- a. Our Quick Connectors are designed with your safety in mind. If you can’t connect your device, this is because there is pressure in the connector. To alleviate this pressure, please use the tank wrench provided with your device to loosen the Quick Connector a quarter to a half a turn. This will release any pressure. Once you tighten your Quick Connector back up, you should be able to connect and use your device normally.
6. There appears to be a small gap in the outside case of the device, is it broken?
- a. No, this is perfectly normal. Our exterior cases are a standard size to accommodate different sized interior components. If you see a small gap this just means your device may have a different interior component. It’s nothing to worry about and will not affect the functionality of your device.